Where Passion Meets Philanthropic Giving
Be a part of something bigger – a united group of educated, cultural, community-minded people who passionately understand and support the importance of Houston Public Media in our community and act together to make a difference…for everyone.
Houston Public Media provides informative, thought-provoking and entertaining content in the areas of Education, Arts & Culture and News and Information through a multi-media platform (TV 8 | PBS, News 88.7 | NPR, and Classical programming) – reaching more than 1.5 million Houstonians weekly.
Cash, publicly-traded stock, corporate matching gifts, gifts through donor advised funds, IRA distributions and community foundation accounts, as well as endowment gifts count toward your cumulative annual giving to the Houston Public Media Foundation. Studio Society recognition begins at $1,200 a year.
- Exclusive invitation to attend NPR Weekend in Washington or PBS Investor Experience.*
*Travel costs and conference fee at donor’s expense
- Spotlight article and photograph featured on Houston Public Media and UH Giving websites.
- Private luncheon with the Associate Vice President and General Manager, Lisa Shumate and/or your favorite local on-air personality.
- Waiver of minimum required contribution and option to direct 10% of your gift to the Houston Public Media Endowment.
- Complimentary invitations for two to exclusive Houston Public Media experiences such as private home socials, or intimate conversations with notable NPR and PBS leaders.
- Complimentary invitation for two to national roadshows, or local and national pre-screening events, with exclusive donor receptions.
- Priority access to record donor testimonial featured on radio.
- On-air name recognition (News 88.7 and TV 8).
- Personalized tour of the station with access to meet local on-air personalities.
- Complimentary seats for two at local Houston Public Media radio or television production events, such as the Houston Matters Roadshow, with exclusive donor receptions.
- Special opportunity to meet one-to-one with your dedicated Relationship Manager and to get an inside look at the difference you make.
- Donor recognition on-line at houstonpublicmedia.org
Joining the Studio Society allows you to deepen your connection with the programs you love while connecting with others who share your passion.
If you have questions about the Studio Society, please contact Julie Anderson-Smith, Sr. Director of Philanthropy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (713) 743-6878.
Meet Our Donors
Meet Ann, she supports programs that speak to her soul and her intellect.
Meet Jackson, he loves history and tradition in shows like Masterpiece & Downton Abbey.
Meet Margaret, she describes how public media has made a difference in her community and in her home.
Meet John, he brought his passion into focus when he transitioned from longtime volunteer to full-time employee and Studio Society donor.
Meet Barrett, he likes to think global and give local by being active on the Houston Public Media Foundation Board.
Meet Lynn, she wants you to stay tuned as Houston Public Media continues to grow and thrive.
Meet George, the past Board Chairman and Legacy Giving Ambassador who wants you to get excited about Houston Public Media.