If you have additional questions not covered in the topics below visit the Passport FAQ here or call 1(855)848-3856. Donate here to receive Passport access.
KUHT TV 8 Passport is a new member benefit from participating PBS stations that gives eligible donors and supporters extended access to an on-demand library of quality public television programming online. The Houston Public Media Passport library currently offers members more than 1,000 episodes to watch, with new PBS programs being added weekly. The library features episodes from popular programs like American Experience, American Masters, Antiques Roadshow, Nature, NOVA, and Masterpiece — including all six seasons of Downton Abbey. In addition to these signature series, the library is full of public television’s acclaimed arts, science, history, and lifestyle programs; including How We Got to Now, Earth a New Wild, Austin City Limits, and a rotating selection of films from Ken Burns.
The first step toward using Passport is to activate your KUHT TV 8 Passport Account.
See the steps below to activate your account – then see the videos below for details on activating Passport on Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Fire.
Passport Activation on Desktop:
The following steps illustrate the Passport activation process from beginning to end. You can activate your KUHT TV 8 Passport account from your desktop computer or laptop using the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
- After you have received an email from PBS, click Click Here to Activate Now.
- You are directed to an activation screen where you should be automatically localized to your preferred station. The logo designates the station to which you are localized. (Learn how to change your station)
- Click the checkbox stating that you allow PBS to share your viewing history. * Please note that you must check this box to continue with the Passport activation process.
- Click Confirm.
- Your activation is complete. Click Get Started to begin watching Passport content.
- Passport content is designated by a blue “compass rose” icon. The icon also appears next to your name, indicating that you are logged in and can view Passport videos.
To activate Passport on Amazon Fire TV follow the instructions for desktop activation, then follow these steps.