Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo joined Town Square shortly after she announced a plan to give $100 to people getting their first dose of the vaccine at Harris County Public Health sites. The plan starts immediately and runs until Aug. 31.
The vaccine incentive is in response to the Delta variant has spread quickly across the region, disproportionately impacting unvaccinated residents. Local hospitals are being pushed to the brink with new patients, and the school year has parents worried about children under 12 who are not yet eligible for the vaccine.
Medical experts also join to answer listener questions, from booster shots and travel bans, to masks and back-to-school safety.
- Assistant Professor at UTHealth School of Public Health
- Senior Advisor for Judge Lina Hidalgo
- Author of “Your Local Epidemiologist,” a newsletter and Facebook blog that has gone viral since the pandemic
- Executive Vice President and Dean of Clinical Affairs at Baylor College of Medicine
- He writes the blog "COVID-19 Updates from Dr. James Deavitt" for Baylor College of Medicine
Town Square with Ernie Manouse is a gathering space for the community to come together and discuss the day's most important and pressing issues.