Over time, and across the country, gays and lesbians began to commemorate those riots with protests, parades, and festivals.
Today, the month of June is designated for the remembrance of this movement and the recognition of pride, celebrating the ever-growing community referred to as LGBTQIA+
We discuss what victories have been won throughout the years and what issues and concerns they continue to face.
Houston Public Media has created a LBGTQ+ Pride resource page filled with our local content and national programming.
For more LGBTQ+ information, counseling, and resources.
- The Montrose Center LGBT Switchboard 24hr Helpline 713-529-3211
- The Trevor Project Teen Crisis Hotline: (866) 488-7386
- The LGBT National Hotline: (888) 843-4564
- Executive Director of Pride Houston
- Founder and editor in chief of Hearth and Coffin
Town Square with Ernie Manouse is a gathering space for the community to come together and discuss the day's most important and pressing issues.