In honor of America’s favorite cookie, Sara Brook (of Houston’s Dessert Gallery) shares some of her secrets for making the perfect chocolate chip cookie with Ernie! And remember, too many “extras” take up space where you could have more chocolate chips! Who makes your favorite cookies, and why are they your favorite?
Sara’s Tips for the Perfect Cookie:
– Use unsalted butter (don’t even think of using margarine!)
– Soften butter, don’t melt it!
– Bake on parchment paper
– Use scooper to make uniform cookies
– Chill dough before baking
– Using baking powder, NOT BAKING SODA
– Use both white and brown sugar
Executive Producer & Host
Ernie Manouse, a native of Binghamton, NY and a graduate of Loyola University Chicago, launched his broadcasting career with NBC News before working at Chicago radio station WLS-AM. In 1996, Ernie joined HoustonPBS (now Houston Public Media), and as an anchor and producer, he has garnered eleven Emmy Awards, five...