Do you think you might be suffering from depression or anxiety? Dr. Diana Grair, Medical Director for the UH Health Family Care Center at the Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine says it’s important to know the signs.
“Depression is more than just feeling down or having a bad day. When a sad mood lasts for a long time and interferes with everyday functioning, you may be depressed.”
Symptoms of depression include:
- Feeling sad or anxious often
- Uninterested in activities that used to be fun.
- Feeling irritable or restless.
- Having sleep issues
- Having trouble concentrating
- Feeling guilty, worthless, or helpless
- Thinking about hurting yourself
“If you think you are depressed‚ talk with your doctor or a mental health professional immediately.”
To hear more episodes of Health Matters, click here.