On this special episode of Party Politics, co-hosts Jay Aiyer and Brandon Rottinghaus look at 2017 and try to figure out the biggest stories in a year when there’s been so many big stories:
- ‘Covfefe’ or the way President Trump uses social media
- The fight over redistricting in Texas and other states
- Texas House Speaker Joe Straus hangs up his spurs
- #MeToo and it’s impact on politics nationwide
- Rift in the Texas Republican party
And finally, Brandon and Jay talk about how the politics of this year has impacted you, including the many natural disasters that the country has dealt with in 2017. You can subscribe to our weekly episodes on Apple Podcasts. We’ll be back with weekly Texas and national episodes on January 4th, have a great holiday break!
Party Politics is produced by Edel Howlin and audio engineer Todd Hulslander.