On this episode of Encore Houston, we go back ten years to the final concert of the River Oaks Chamber Orchestra‘s third season, with a not-quite-so philosophical symphony by Haydn, two French works from the early twentieth century, and a world premiere inspired by Houston Public Media’s own The Engines of Our Ingenuity.
Music in this episode:
- FRANZ JOSEPH HAYDN, Symphony No. 22 in E-flat major
- BRAD SAYLES, Echoes of Invention
- Dean Dalton, narrator
- MAURICE RAVEL, Le Tombeau de Couperin
- DARIUS MILHAUD, Le Bœuf sur le toit
- Joel Smirnoff, conductor
- Performance date: 5/3/2008
- Originally aired: 10/20/2018
New episodes of Encore Houston air Saturdays at 10 PM, with a repeat broadcast Sundays at 4 PM, all on Houston Public Media Classical.