How ragtime killed the classical star! Concert pianist and entrepreneur, Richard Dowling illuminates some of Chopin's pieces by "ragging" them on the piano. It's a lesson in classical music and ragtime all rolled up in one, topped with live performances, and served with a side of fries.
Audio production by Todd "Toddry" Hulslander with sarcastic slow claps of approval from Dacia Clay.
Music in this episode includes live performances by Richard Dowling of:
- Frederic Chopin, Nocturne in E-flat Major, Op. 9 No. 2
- Ethan Uslan, Chopin's Knocked Urn
- Frederic Chopin, "Revolutionary" Etude in C Minor, Op. 10 No. 12
- Joseph Lamb, Ragtime Nightingale
- Claude Debussy, Golliwogg's Cakewalk (not performed by Mr. Dowling)