According To The Accused, Mass Stabbing Was Premeditated

Harris County Sheriff's Department investigators are compiling information on the man accused in Tuesday's stabbing spree on the campus of Lone Star College Cy-Fair campus which left 14 people injured. Twenty-year-old Dylan Andrew Quick told them he had been planning the attack for some time.

Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia told reporters that Quick has been interacting well with investigators, and has been very forthcoming with information regarding the stabbing incident at Lone Star College Cy-Fair campus.

“He has shared with us, that he has had fantasies about stabbing people since the age of 8. He did share that he had been planning this event for some time. Our investigators have confiscated a computer and some other items from his home, and we continue to collect information and evidence necessary to bring this investigation to a successful conclusion.”

Response to the incident was almost immediate. Sheriff Garcia says the department values information from social media, and encourages residents to use it to ensure safety.

“My office received an email from a concerned citizen saying that there may have been some conversation on a chat room, that resembled very closely what we contended with yesterday. I want the citizens of Harris County to know this: Please take any forms of conversations like this seriously.”

After his arrest, one eyewitness said it appeared that Quick, who was born deaf, appeared happy with what he had done.

Lone Star College Cy-Fair president Dr Audrey Levy says even with periodic drills conducted on campus, it’s still hard to respond to an incident like this.

“We have done a lot of training and a lot of preparedness for incidents on our campus, but unfortunately not of an incident of this nature. But nonetheless, individuals responded quickly and effectively to make sure that the situation was contained.”

Of the 14 victims, six were taken to area hospitals for treatment and later released. Six others with more serious injuries were taken to the Texas Medical Center, four by helicopter. All are expected to recover.