“We’ve trained their nursing staff and their other staff, provided them guidance on operating a clinic for H1N1.”
That’s the health department’s Porfirio Villarreal.
“It’s open to anyone. Our target, of course, is the children and the staff of the schools.”
High risk groups are pregnant women, those from six-months to 24 years of age, people who have children younger then six-months, and those from 25 to 64 with chronic health disorders of compromised immune systems.
HISD Director of Health and Medical Service Evelyn Henry says the district will offer the shots at six Houston schools Saturday from 9-2.
“The schools are Milby, Westside, Wheatley, Yates High School, Jane Long Middle School and Woodson Middle School.”
The vaccinations will also be offered in the Alief district on Saturday at Holmquist Elementary from 8-2.
The City also offers free H1N1 vaccinations Monday through Friday at the Northside, Magnolia Lyons and Casa De Amigos Health Centers, the Sunnyside and Acres Homes Multi-Service Centers and Southwest WIC.
- Acres Home Multi-Service Center 6719 W. Montgomery, 77091
- La Nueva Casa De Amigos Health Center, 1809 North Main, 77009
- Lyons Health Center, 5602 Lyons, 77020
- Magnolia Health Center, 7037 Capitol, 77011
- Northside Health Center, 8523 Arkansas, 77093
- Southwest WIC, 6400 High Star, 77074
- Sunnyside Multi-Service Center, 4605 Wilmington, 77051
Address for the six HISD schools Saturday from 9-2
- Wheatley High School, 4801 Providence, 77020
- Yates High School, 3703 Sampson, 77004
- Westside High School, 14201 Briar Forest, 77077
- Milby High School, 1601 Broadway, 77012
- Woodson Middle School, 10720 Southview, 77047
- Jane Long Middle School, 6501 Bellaire, 77074