Residents are encouraged to register with FEMA before visiting a DRC. There are two ways to register: log on to www.fema.gov or call FEMA’s toll-free number, 1.800.621.FEMA (3362), or TTY 1.800.462.7585. Both numbers are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, until further notice.
At the DRC, visitors can:
- Receive information about different types of state and federal disaster assistance.
- Get help completing low-interest loan applications from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) for homeowners, renters and business owners.
- Inquire about the status of applications for federal assistance.
- Receive referrals to the American Red Cross and other voluntary organizations to help with immediate unmet needs.
- Learn cost-effective measures to reduce the impact of future disaster losses.
Disaster assistance may include grants to help pay for temporary housing, home repair and other serious disaster-related expenses not covered by insurance or other sources. Low-interest disaster loans from the SBA also are available for homeowners, renters, and business owners for losses not covered by insurance or other sources. Residents should carry with them their identification, social security number, insurance information, proof of address and contact numbers when they visit the DRC to expedite the process.
- Sherwood Village Shopping Center, 3216 East Broadway, Pearland, TX 77581
- Galveston Island Community Center Mobile Response Center, 4700 Broadway Island Community Center, Galveston TX 77551 Open 8 a.m. — 5 p.m.
- Galveston Island Ball High School Mobile Response Center, Avenue O & 41st Street, Galveston TX,
- Galveston Island City Hall MRIC, 26th Street and Ball Street, Galveston TX
- Galveston Island Community Center, 4700 Broadway, Galveston, TX; Open 9 a.m. — 6 p.m.
- Bay Shore Park, 5500 West Bay Shore Drive, San Leon, TX 77539; Open 9 a.m. — 6 p.m.
Open daily from 9 a.m. — 6 p.m.
- Ellington Joint Reserve Base, Building 1383, 14657 Sneider St., Houston TX
- Our Lady of Lavang Catholic Church, 12320 Old Foltin Road Houston, TX 77086
Home Depot, 10707 North Freeway (I-45), Houston 77037 Home Depot, 6810 Gulf Freeway (I-45), Houston 77087 Home Depot, 1500 Chimney Rock, Houston 77035
- Cedar Bayou Community Center, 7711 Highway 146, Baytown, TX 77521
- 301 West Fairmont Parkway, Across from City Hall, Laporte, TX 77571
- San Jacinto Mall, 6109 Garth Road, Baytown, TX 77521
- African-American Chamber of Commerce, 6112 Wheatley St., Houston 77091
- Judge Chesson’s Office, 19217 Highway 365, Fannett, TX 77705
- Port Arthur Civic Center, 3401 Cultural Center Drive, Port Arthur, TX 77642
- South County Community Building, 2235 Lake Robbins Road, The Woodlands, TX 77380
- 31355 Friendship Drive, Magnolia, TX 77354
- Newton County: Cedar Bayou Community Center, 7711 Highway 146 in Baytown
- Orange County Courthouse, 123 South 6th St, Orange, TX 77639
- San Jacinto County: County Precinct 3 Building, 35 Lilley Yeager Loop North, Cleveland, TX 77327
- Tyler County: Tall Pines Plaza (the old Wal-Mart), South Magnolia, Woodville TX 75979
- Polk County: City Hall, 100 West Ben Franklin, Corrigan, TX 75939