The River Oaks Chamber Orchestra returns to Encore Houston with their 2014 concert, “ROCO Celebrates France.” Indeed, true to the name, the pieces on the concert have some kind of French connection: from native composers like Devienne, Debussy, and Ibert; and then tributes to French artists through English composer Constant Lambert; and a newly commissioned work by Carter Pann, inspired by the photography of Henri Cartier-Bresson.
- FRANCOIS DEVIENNE, Concerto No. 4 for Bassoon and Orchestra
- CLAUDE DEBUSSY, Petite Suite
- CONSTANT LAMBERT, Aubade héroïque
- CARTER PANN, The Extension of My Eye, “Le Tombeau d’Henri Cartier-Bresson”
- JACQUES IBERT, Divertissement
- Kristin Wolfe Jensen, bassoon
- Alistair Willis, conductor
- Performance date: 4/5/2014
- Originally aired: 4/8/2017
New episodes of Encore Houston air Saturdays at 10 PM, with a repeat broadcast Sundays at 4 PM, all on Houston Public Media Classical.