Jeremy Eskenazi, founder of the Muzio Clementi Society. Photo courtesy of the Society.
Muzio Clementi is often called the “Father of the Piano” and is known for his sonatinas. But as it turns out, this smarty pants single-handedly changed classical music and made it what we know today. Jeremy Eskenazi, founder of the Muzio Clementi Society, tells all about the quiet mover and shaker in this episode – from a Tardis in Australia (seriously!).
Audio production for this episode by Todd “Tall Texan” Hulslander with smiles for miles by Dacia Clay.
Music in this episode:
(By Muzio Clementi)
- Toccata op.11 in Bb major
- Sonata op.34 no.1 3rd movement in C major
- Sonata op.7 no.3 3rd mvt on clementi piano
- Symphony no.3, 2nd movement
(Not by Muzio Clementi)
- Theme song from Doctor Who, 11th Doctor edition